Enter the Book Challenge! Win money just for writing your book(s)
The Book Challenge collects an entry fee of ten dollars per book. You can receive a portion of the money collected through a drawing at TARA’s Holiday Party just by finishing a rough draft of your book. First place winner receives 50%!
Enter and pay for up to five (5) books between January 01 and June 30. Your completed book(s) are due the week before our Holiday Party.
Rules of the Challenge:
- You must write a minimum of 40,000 new words on each paid manuscript. Anthologies are eligible if the combined words in the series total a minimum of 40,000 words.
- You count the words written from the day you pay for each book entered. (Example: if you enter and pay for “Title A” on Jan. 19, you start counting the words written from that date until the deadline in December. Then, on May 5, you enter and pay for “Title B,” your word count on book B starts May 5 until the deadline.)
- Email your weekly word count to the Book Challenge Coordinator on the appointed check-in day. If you miss a week, report your word count on the next check-in.
- If you entered more than one book, please report the title and word count for each book in separate emails.
- Submit your rough draft, but completed (beginning, middle, and end) manuscript file(s) at the end of the challenge for verification of word count to be eligible for the drawing.
- Be a source of encouragement to one another on the Book Challenge Loop.
So, join the fun of friendly competition and enter the TARA Book Challenge.
Please contact the Book Challenge Coordinator, Muriel Yantiss at email@example.com, or a board member if you have any questions.